5 Best Free Screen Recorder for Windows That are Totally Worth Installing
Most of us don’t understand that how to perform different tasks on a Windows PC. We might read help or different guides, but still, some of us don’t get it well enough. Until we are exposed to something that is more visually informative and can be repeated many times.
Screen Recorders play a vital role at this stage in understanding the ongoing screen process for any user. It has proved its significance and is widely used for very productive reasons.
Where some of the most common uses of screen recording software are:
- Game Recording & etc.
Best Screen Recording Software for Windows
There is a great need to outline your requirements for a screen recording before going any further. Because each one of them offers different features. Depending upon the needs of the users. We have tried our best to identify the specific features. Our list only contains the free software for Windows 10. We hope you might love our top picks and try out what suits you the best.
1. iSpring Free Cam
It is a basic yet functional screen recording option windows users. It’s good to have a third party software that is bloatware free. The basic functions are enough to walk you through a very interactive screencast session. With a built-in audio/video editor, frames won’t get out of your control. The best part is it’s totally free of cost and doesn’t leave a nasty watermark on your recordings.
- No Watermarks, Time Limits or Intrusive Ads,
- Both: Voice Over & Computer Sound Supported,
- HD Video Formats up to 1080p,
- Share on YouTube Directly,
- Delete or Edit Video & Audio Frames,
- Remove Background Noise & Other Wide Range of Audio Effects.
- Only WMV Video Format Support,
- No Webcam Support.
It’s one of the most popular screen recording for Windows, due to its simplicity and ease of use. It doesn’t offer sophisticated features and is good enough for occasional screencasting sessions. CamStudio is an open source software and comes with no hidden charges or watermarks. Multi-source sound recording sounds great along with cursor hide option. CamStudio recordings are well known to have a smaller size as compared to other software.
- No Ads, Water Marks or Time Limits,
- Screen Caption Support,
- Webcam Recording Support,
- AVI HD Video Recording Format,
- Small File Size,
- Convert to SWF i.e. Flash File.
- Bugs & Glitches,
- Lack of Technical Support,
- Fewer Editing Support.
Ezvid is the most popular game play screen capture application. It offers options that no other free recorder does. You can record and edit a screencast within minutes. Not only that but you can also upload directly to YouTube. There is much more to love about Ezvid, From multi-format HD support to seamless audio and video editing. It can become your favorite if you get used to it.
- Free of Water Marks, Ads or Time Limits,
- Web Cam & Voice Sync Options,
- HD Capture Quality up to 720p,
- Upload Directly to YouTube,
- Add Additional Media to Screen Cast,
- Smooth & Modern Interface,
- Well Featured Editor.
- Minor Bugs & Lags Sometimes,
- Full-Screen Game Capture, not Supported,
- Requires 10 GB of Free Space on Hard Drive.
4. DVDVideoSoft’s free Video Capture Software
This is a multi-talented tool to produce high-end screencasts instantly. DVDVideoSoft is trusted yet provides innovative solutions in the tech market. As it doesn’t offer a video editing tool, that means it’s good enough for informal use. But a wide format recording support makes it acceptable for many users. If you can edit videos externally and want a light weight screen recorder, it might become the best choice for you in no time.
- No Time Limits or Watermarks,
- Multi Language & Format Support (AVI, JPG, GIF, PNG)
- Stable and Active Technical Support.
- Contains Intrusive Ads,
- Bugs & Lags at Times,
- No Face Cam Option.
5. IceCream Screen Recorder
IceCream desktop recording software is the cutest of all free recorder tools out there. Apart from recording HD videos, it let users draw and make your screencasts more creative. The hotkey feature makes it very convenient to capture a video or screenshot instantly. The professional build interface can result in professional screen recordings. It’s easy to use, free of cost & loved for its beauty!
- No Water Marks & Ad-Free,
- Unique Drawing Panel,
- Web Cam & Zoom in Support,
- Timer for Multiple Recordings,
- Upload Directly to YouTube,
- HD Recording.
- Time Limit of 10 Minutes,
- Only WebM Video Format Support,
- Rest is all Good.
Hope you have already installed one of our recommended screen recordings application for windows. Do let us know about your experience in the comments below!