How to Factory Reset Google Pixel 7 / 7 Pro (Hard Reset)
A step-by-step guide on how to factory and hard reset your Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro. A factory reset, also known as a hard reset, is a process of restoring a device to its original factory settings. This can be useful for troubleshooting issues with the device or for selling or giving away the device to someone else. In this post, we will explain how to factory reset a Google Pixel 7 Pro, including the reasons why you might want to do so and the steps you need to take.
Factory reset is done through Android Settings app and hard reset is done using Android Recovery.
3 reasons to factory reset your Pixel 7 or 7 Pro
- If your Google Pixel 7 Pro is experiencing problems such as freezing, crashing, or slow performance, a factory reset can help fix these issues by clearing out any corrupt data or software bugs.
- If you are planning to sell or give away your Google Pixel 7 Pro, it is important to factory reset the device to remove all of your personal data and settings. This will ensure that the new user will not have access to your personal information.
- If you are upgrading to a new device, you may want to factory reset your Google Pixel 7 Pro before selling or giving it away. This will ensure that all of your personal data and settings are removed from the device.
Instructions for Factory Reset:
Also read: How to factory reset Pixel 7a
Before performing a factory reset, it is important to back up any important data such as photos, videos, contacts, and messages. You can back up your data by connecting your Google Pixel 7 Pro to a computer and copying the files, or by using a cloud-based backup service such as Google Drive or iCloud.
- On your Google Pixel 7 Pro, go to the “Settings” menu by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear icon.
- Select “System” and then “Advanced”
- Tap on “Reset options”
- Select “Erase all data (factory reset)
You will be prompted to confirm that you want to factory reset your device. This will delete all data and settings from the device, so make sure that you have backed up any important data before proceeding.
The factory reset process may take several minutes to complete. Once the device has been reset, you will need to set it up as if it were a new device.
Instructions for Hard Reset:
To hard reset your Pixel 7 you need to boot your phone into recovery first, here is how to do it;
- Power off your phone
- Hold the Volume down + Power key for 2-3 seconds
- Your pixel phone will be in the fastboot mode.
- Using the Volume keys select the Recovery Mode and press Power key to confirm booting into Recovery mode
- Using volume keys, select Wipe data factory reset and confirm using Power key
- Confirm factory data reset
- Finally select Reboot system now and to restart your phone
That’s you have successfully done a hard reset on the Google Pixel 7 Pro. Now just follow the on-screen instructions to set up your phone again. If your device get stuck on the Google account verfication screen then follow this guide to bypass Google account on your Pixel 7.
In conclusion, factory resetting your Google Pixel 7 Pro can be a useful troubleshooting tool or a way to ensure personal data privacy before selling or giving away the device. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily factory reset your device and restore it to its original factory settings.