How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy 9 & S9+
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. If you’re planning to sell your phone, or experiencing an issue after an update, and need to wipe data factory reset, then this is a perfect guide for you.
A factory reset will erase all data on your phone, including contacts, messages, Whatsapp data, photos, application data, and other media content stored on the internal storage. It is therefore highly recommended to backup your important data before factory resetting your device.
Instructions for S9 Factory Reset:
Follow these steps to factory reset a S9 & S9+. These instructions are for devices running Android 10 & lower versions. If you’ve added a Samsung account to your device, it may ask for Samsung account password so make sure you already know the password.
- Tap on the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find Device management
- Tap on Reset
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Scrolling down the page, tap Reset
Here is a video tutorial in case you’ve any issue understanding above given instructions.
Samsung S9 Hard Reset:
Hard reset is different from Factory Reset, because it is done through Android recovery mode. Hard reset can be useful in case you’ve forgotten patter lock on your phone and there is no way to get into phone settings.
If you don’t want to get in trouble later, make sure to remove the Google account from your device, otherwise it will trigger an FRP lock on your device and if you don’t remember the Google account, then you’re going to get into big trouble.
- Power off your phone
- Press Volume up+Power buttons for at least 5-10 seconds.
- Your S10 will boot into recovery mode.
- Use Volume up and down to navigate between options and Power button to choose an option.
- Now select Wipe data/ factory Reset. You’ll get a warning as mentioned earlier,
If your phone is reset, you may need to enter the Google account information (email address and password) associated with this phone to be able to use it again.
- It will ask for confirmation, wipe all user data? Select Factory data reset.
- That’s it, now reboot your S9.
I hope you find this useful. We have also written on how to bypass FRP lock on Galaxy S9 running Android 10 you may find it useful. For tips and guides don’t forget to follow our YouTube channel.