How to Factory Reset/ Pattern Unlock Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+ Without Password
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. If you’re planning to sell your phone, or experiencing an issue after an update, and need to wipe data factory reset, then this is a perfect guide for you.
A factory reset will erase all data on your phone, including contacts, messages, Whatsapp data, photos, application data, and other media content stored on the internal storage. It is therefore highly recommended to backup your important data before factory resetting your device.
What you’ll learn:
- Unlock your phone using Hard Reset method
- Factory Reset to default settings
- Install Custom TWRP Recovery
- Factory Reset without losing data
Instructions for Factory Reset:
Follow these steps to factory reset a Galaxy S10 & S10 Plus. These instructions are for devices running Android 12 & lower versions. If you’ve added a Samsung account to your device, it may ask for Samsung account password so make sure you already know the password.
- Tap on the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find Device management
- Tap on Reset
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Scrolling down the page, tap Reset
Here is a video tutorial in case you’ve any issue understanding above given instructions.
Forgot Password, Pattern or PIN? Unlock Samsung S10 using Hard Reset
Hard reset is different from Factory Reset, because it is done through Android recovery mode. Hard reset can be useful in case you’ve forgotten patter lock on your phone and there is no way to get into phone settings.
If you don’t want to get in trouble later, make sure to remove the Google account from your device, otherwise it will trigger an FRP lock on your device and if you don’t remember the Google account, then you’re going to get into big trouble.
- Power off your phone
- Press Volume up+Power buttons for at least 5-10 seconds.
- Your S10 will boot into recovery mode.
- Use Volume up and down to navigate between options and Power button to choose an option.
- Now select Wipe data/ factory Reset. You’ll get a warning as mentioned earlier,
If your phone is reset, you may need to enter the Google account information (email address and password) associated with this phone to be able to use it again.
- It will ask for confirmation, wipe all user data? Select Factory data reset.
- That’s it, now reboot your S10.
Samsung S10/S10+ TWRP Recovery
Samsung S10 runs stock Android recovery but it comes with limited options & features. TWRP is custom Android recovery that you can use for more advanced options like flashing rooting files, custom kernels, zip files like Gapps and could also be used to make full back of your device to save your important data without losing before a factory reset.
To install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S10 you need a Windows computer, TWRP image and Odin software to flash it.
Please note Samsung S10 & S10+ have different models based on your region. Make sure you download the right file for your specific model. TWRP recovery also gives codename for Samsung phones, you can view your phone model code in Android recovery mode. beyond0qlte is for Snapdragon S10+ models.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e Snapdragon (beyond0qlte)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Snapdragon (beyond2qlte)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Snapdragon (beyond1qlte)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 5g Sprint (beyondxq)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (Exynos) (beyond1lte)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (Exynos) (beyondx)
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (Exynos) (beyond0lte)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Exynos) (beyond2lte)
Above links will help you download all the required files and how to flash it using Odin3.
Factory Reset without losing data
Here are the instructions if you’ve important data on your Samsung S10 and you don’t want to lose data but want to reset your phone at the same time. Is it possible, yes 80% chances are you can recovery all of your phone data stored on internal storage.
- Install TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery using Vol up+Power keys
- Connect your phone to PC
- While in the custom recovery mode, your phone data will be shown in Windows explorer.
- Open the folder and copy all the important data.
I hope you find this useful. For tips and guides don’t forget to follow our YouTube channel.
I hope you find this useful. We have also written on how to bypass FRP lock on Galaxy S10 running Android 11 you may find it useful. For tips and guides don’t forget to follow our YouTube channel.