Foxfi: The Best Free WiFi Tethering App for Android
Nowadays it’s a common practice to use WiFi tethering on your device to connect and share mobile data with your laptop or another device. Luckily, most Android comes with default options so that you can use use a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth tethering, or USB tethering.
Unfortunately you may not be able to do it with the default option and settings specially if a particular carrier has some restrictions on the system. Your carrier may charge you extra for hotspot and tethering connections. More often users try to gain root access in order to enable tethering options.
The major US carriers such as AT&T and Verizon may not let you install free WiFi tethering apps on your Android device or tablet. But don’t worry I will also tell you a trick how you can bypass it and install it using the apk file.
Here is the best tethering app for Android…
Foxfi is one of the best app available that does not requires you to have root access on the device. Plus it is very user-friendly having basic UI yet good with quick start guide that let’s you fast tethering speeds. Additionally, it also offers It offers Bluetooth and WPA2 security over the network.
List of WiFi Mode compatible devices:
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy phones (S3/4/5/6/7/Edge, Note 2/3/4/5 etc.)
- Verizon LG phones (V10, G2/3/4/5 etc.)
- Verizon Sony phones (Z2/Z3) are supported by all Android versions including Android 6.0/6.1.
- Verizon HTC phones (M7/8) will only work on Android 4.1 ~ 4.4.
- Verizon Motorola phones will only work on Android 4.3 or below.
- AT&T Samsung phones will only work on Android 4.2 or below.
- Other carriers/phones will only work if they still have Android 4.0 or below.
- Straight Talk phones will only work if it uses Verizon and are compatible with the above.
- For all other phones, use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.
As I said earlier, there are certain apps where you can’t directly install foxfi from Play store. In that case you’ll have to download the apk file and then install it manually.
How to install APK:
It is very easy, just follow the steps below:
Step 1: First download and copy the apk file to your phone.
Step 2: Go to phone Settings and enable ‘Unknown Sources’.
Step 3: Using any file manager, navigate the apk file on your device and tap to install.
Step 4: That’s it! You have successfully installed FoxFi on your device.
Have you tried FoxFi? Try and let us know by sharing your experience in the comment section below.