How to Root GALAXY Tab S2 SM-T710/715/810/815
This step-by-step tutorial will help you to easily achieve root access on the Galaxy Tab S2 almost all variants running on the Android 5.0.2 and 5.1.1 Lollipop. Chainfire’s cf-auto root kernel is working for the 5.0.2 firmware however 5.1.1 lollipop root needs custom kernel in order to safely get root access.
This root guide covers the 4 different variants of the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 including SM-T710, T715 and S2 9.7 SM-T810 and T815 Wi-Fi and LTE respectively.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Latest version of Odin3 – Download Odin3
- Install Samsung USB drivers – Download
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Finally download the cf-auto root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
Custom kernel is need for devices running on Android 5.1.1 Link
How to Root Galaxy Tab S2:
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your Galaxy Tab and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in Odin mode connect your device to your PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the smtxx_cf_autoroot.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the twrp file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! message and your device will automatically reboots.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM of your choice.
You may also like to checkout: