How to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Android 5.0 Lollipop
This step-by-step guide will help you to easily root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F running on Android 5.0 Lollipop using cf-auto root method by recognized Xda developer and contributor.
The developer has updated the root kernel and are now compatible with the lollipop firmware. Using cf-auto root will trip Knox counter and voids phone warranty but in return you get freedom and root access to your device to unlock many possibilities of having custom ROM and recovery.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 with the model number SM-G9ooF running Android Os version 5.0 Lollipop.
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Download the latest version of Samsung Odin.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S5.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedx-smg900f.zip kernel root file.
How to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Follow the steps to root your device using cf-auto root method.
Step 1: First download the required packages to your PC and unzip the files to a suitable location.
Step 2: Run Odin3 v3.10.
Step 3: Reboot your phone into Download mode:
- Power off
- Press and hold the Volume down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously until warning message appears on the screen.
- Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB data cable and check that Odin3 detects your device.
Step 5: Click on the AP button and select the CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900f.tar, rooted kernel file from the unzipped folder.
Step 6: Next, Click the Start button to flash the cf-root package on GS5 which will ultimately install SuperSU app.
Step 7: Wait for a while, Once it completes, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Congratulations!! Your phone has successfully been rooted on Android 5.0 Lollipop. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section below.
If your phone is continuously rebooting after flashing the cf-auto root you can follow the steps to recover boot loop.