How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Hey, what’s up! Imran here with another rooting guide for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. Learn how to root Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and get root access on your device.
Samsung has started rolling out Android Marshmallow updates for its flagship devices. If you’ve installed the latest software updates and willing to get rooted, Chainfire Xda developer has released cf-auto root kernel compatible with Android 6.0.1. It is indeed one of the easiest way to root your Samsung device but it also trip Samsung Knox and voids warranty.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F.
- Even though rooting does not wipe data but its always recommended to backup your device.
- Download Cf-auto root zip package for your phone.
- You also need to install Samsung drivers on your PC.
- Go to Phone Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB debugging.
Rooting Galaxy S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Step 1: First of all, extract the CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.zip file to a new folder on your desktop.
Step 2: Next Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and Hold down the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning on your screen.
- Further hit the Volume Up button to continue.
Step 3: Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
Step 4: Leave the default Odin settings.
Step 5: Finally hit the AP/PDA button, browse and select the CF-auto rooted kernel file and hit the START to flash the kernel.
Step 6: Once completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message in Odin and at this stage your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 7: Once normally booted, Check that SuperSU has been installed. To verify root access, Open Google Play app on your phone and install “Root Checker“. Once installed run to make sure your phone is rooted.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has successfully been rooted running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.