Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I Android 5.1.1
Chainfire, the recognized Xda developer, has released the updated cf-auto root kernel for most of the Samsung Galaxy devices running on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Samsung Galaxy SM-G920I Android 5.1.1 root is now available and using the step-by-step tutorial you can now easily gain root access. Please note that rooting your Android voids warranty and trip Samsung Knox counter but as always having root access provides many privileges such as installing a custom recovery, mods, and custom ROMs.
Have another model of Galaxy S6? You can find out more over here, how to root Galaxy S6.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Latest version of Odin3 – Download Odin
- Install Samsung USB drivers – Download
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.zip root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can do yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
How to Root Galaxy S6 SM-G920I:
Here is how to root Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your device and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in Odin mode connect your device to your PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the smtxx_cf_autoroot.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the twrp file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! Message and your device will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 5.1.1. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM and Recovery of your choice.