T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T Gets Android 5.1.1 Lollipop root, Here is how to root
Here is a step-by-step tutorial to root T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T running on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we’re going to use the cf-auto root method by the recognized Xda developer, Chainfire. If you’ve been previously experiencing issues while rooting your phone, this time, you won’t experience any problem as cf-auto root kernels have been updated and are compatible with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
You should know that rooting your phone using cf-auto will trip Samsung Knox count and ultimately voids device warranty, but you always get benefits when having root access.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Download the latest version of Odin3.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-zerofltetmo-zeroflteue-smg920t.zip root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can do yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
Having another model of Galaxy S6? No worries! Follow our step-by-step guide for Samsung Galaxy S6 root.
How to Root Galaxy S6 SM-G920T:
Follow the steps to root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your phone and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in download mode connect your phone to PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-zerofltetmo-zeroflteue-smg920t.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the twrp file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! Message and your device will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM and Recovery of your choice.
You may also check:
- How to root Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 5.1.1
- How to root Galaxy S6 SM-G920K 5.1.1 lollipop
- How to root Galaxy S6 SM-G920I Android 5.1.1 lollipop