Root Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Hey, what’s up! Imran here with another rooting guide for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F. Learn how to root Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and get root access on your device.
It has been since a week that Samsung has made available its new flagship devices in the market, and the recognized Xda developer and contributor have already rooted the Exynos variant of the Galaxy S7 Edge. You can now easily root it using cf-auto root running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The developer has made it pretty easy to root Galaxy S7 Edge using a custom kernel and Odin (Samsung flashing tool). No doubt it is the easiest or can also be called One Click Root, but the downside is it trip Samsung Knox counter and voids warranty, but you always gets benefits of rooting by gaining root access to your device.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.
- Even though rooting does not wipe data but its always recommended to backup your Android.
- Download Cf-auto root zip package for your phone.
- You also need to install Samsung drivers on your PC.
- Go to Phone Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB debugging.
Rooting Instructions for S7 Edge SM-G935F:
Step 1: First of all, extract the CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f.zip file to a new folder on your desktop.
Step 2: Next Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and Hold down the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning on your screen.
- Further hit the Volume Up button to continue.
Step 3: Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
Step 4: Leave the default Odin settings.
Step 5: Finally hit the AP/PDA button, browse and select the CF-auto rooted kernel file and hit the START to flash the kernel.
Step 6: Once completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message in Odin and at this stage your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 7: Once normally booted, Check that SuperSU has been installed. To verify root access, Open Google Play app on your phone and install “Root Checker“. Once installed run to make sure your phone is rooted.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has successfully been rooted running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.