How to root LG G5 H850 using SuperSU
Follow the steps to root LG G5 using TWRP recovery by flashing SuperSU zip to gain root access.
LG latest flagship Android smartphone is now available in the market and has got attention because of its modular design. We have recently published, how you can install TWRP recovery LG G5. Once you’ve installed TWRP, it then becomes easier to root your phone.
Please note that before starting with the root procedure, it is recommended that you must backup all your important data to your PC.
- This method is only supported for LG G5 with model number H850, which is the European variant. Currently, all other models are not supported.
- Download SuperSU2.65.zip
- Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developer options.
- If you’re using PC, it is recommended that you install LG USB drivers.
- Carefully read and follow the guidelines, currently, there is no way to install the stock unrooted system, so proceed if you are confident about staying rooted.
I assume you’ve already Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP. If not follow the guide on the link given above.
Root LG G5 H850
Finally here is how to root your phone.
Step 1: Copy the SuperSu zip package to phone storage.
Step 2: Power off your phone and reboot into recovery mode. Here is how to boot LG G5 into recovery mode using button combo:
- Press and hold Vol down+Power button at the same time.
- Now as soon as the LG logo appears on the screen, release the power button and instantly press it again while still pressing the vol down.
- When you see the Factory Reset screen. Click through the factory reset screens, clicking Yes.
Step 3: Select Install and navigate to the external storage where you’ve transferred the SuperSU zip file. Select the SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
Step 4: That’s it. Reboot phone.
Congratulation! You have just rooted your LG G5. Did you find it useful? Do let us know in the comment section so that we can improve and produce high quality tutorials.