How to Root Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Follow the updated step-by-step Android root tutorial for the Sprint variant of Galaxy S6 SM-G920P running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with CF-auto root by Chainfire, recognized XDA developer.
A number of users were having issues while rooting their Sprint Galaxy S6 but thanks to the developer who has updated cf-auto root kernel for the latest Android 5.1.1 lollipop firmware. Users who were waiting for root can now follow the steps to get root access. As said earlier this root method uses cf-auto root which trips Samsung Knox counter and voids phone warranty but as always rooting has its own benefits.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P running Android 5.1.1
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Get latest version of Odin3 – Download Odin v3.10
- Install Samsung USB drivers – Download Samsung Galaxy drivers
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-zerofltespr-zerofltespr-smg920p.zip root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can do yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
How to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P:
Here is how to root Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your device and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in Odin mode connect your device to your PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-zerofltektt-zerofltektt-smg920p.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the twrp file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! Message and your device will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 5.1.1. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM and Recovery of your choice.
You may also like:
- How to root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T
- How to root Galaxy S6 SM-G920K
- How to root Galaxy S6 SM-G920I