Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android Marshmallow
Hey What’s up? Pro Geeks here with another step-by-step guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM13 Custom ROM.
I know you probably would be expecting official Android Marshmallow update from Samsung but to be honest I am not expecting for a number of reasons. Even if they do, it will take them longer just like it did for the latest flagship devices including Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. What If I tell you you can still get Android 6.0.1 update for Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 without to having wait for the official.
Thanks to CyanogenMod team and contributors, they have released a working Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROM for your phone. Please note that these ROMs are nightly and all features may not work properly but they are updated continuously to make it stable but still you can taste and experience some of the best features from the latest version of Android OS.
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
- Make sure you have already install TWRP recovery.
- Just to be on safe side, make Nandroid backup of your existing ROM.
- Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled. You can find it Settings > Developers Options.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
- Download the latest nightly CM 13 Android 6.0.1 ROM.
- Download Android Marshmallow Gapps
Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Step 1: First of, connect your phone to PC and copy the CM13 and Gapps zip packages.
Step 2: Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Power off your phone and hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until the recovery options appears on the screen.
Step 3: It is highly recommended that before making any changes you should take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
- Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 4: Clear the system cache and factory reset it in order to prepare your phone for new installations.
- Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 5: Finally your phone is ready for update.
- Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Custom ROM zip package.
Step 6: When CyanogenMod 13 ROM is successfully installed, then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
Finally reboot your phone. Please note that 1st time boot may take sometime and that’s Ok.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully updated Galaxy S4 to Android Marshmallow. Experience Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S4 and don’t forget to share with us in the comment section below.