How to Update LG G2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM13
This guide will help you update LG G2 model d802 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 using CyanogenMod 13 nightly custom ROM.
LG G2 was an amazing Android smartphone having fast processor and good camera but now it’s quite old as it was officially released back in 2013 and LG has stopped releasing official updates for its old flagship. But you don’t have to worry about the latest updates for the LG G2 as you can still have Marshmallow on LG G2 using any Custom ROM.
Thanks to Android developers who are constantly working on developments for LG G2 such as CyanogenMod team, Xda developers, AOSP etc. We are going to install CM13 on LG G2 using TWRP or CWM custom recovery so make sure that you’ve already installed.
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with LG G2 d802.
- Make sure you have already install TWRP recovery.
- Highly recommended to take Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. Don’t know how to do it? Follow our Guide.
- Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled. You can find it Settings > Developers Options.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
- Download the latest nightly CM 13 Android 6.0.1 ROM.
- Download Android Marshmallow Gapps
How to install CM13 on the LG G2
Step 1: First of, connect your phone to PC and copy the CM13 and Gapps zip packages.
Step 2: Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Power off your phone and hold Vol down & Power. When the LG logo appears release the buttons and then press them again. Then, press the Power button three times
Step 3: It is highly recommended that before making any changes you should take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
- Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 4: Clear the system cache and factory reset it in order to prepare your phone for new installations.
- Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 5: Finally your phone is ready for update.
- Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Custom ROM zip package.
Step 6: When CyanogenMod 13 ROM is successfully installed, then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
Finally reboot your phone. Please note that 1st time boot may take sometime and that’s Ok.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully updated LG G2 to Android Marshmallow. Don’t forget to share your first experience with Android Marshmallow Custom ROM.
Did you find it helpful? Share your feedback so that we can improve and produce high quality guides and tutorials for users like you.