How to Hard Reset TCL 20 XE to Remove Forgotten PIN, Password, Fingerprint pattern
Ever found yourself in a sticky situation, locked out of your TCL 20 XE because you forgot your PIN, password, or fingerprint pattern? We’ve all been there. The good news is that you can regain access to your device by performing a hard reset. In this simple step-by-step how-to guide, we’ll take you through the steps to unlock your TCL 20 XE and go back to factory settings, removing the PIN lock.
Note: Hard reset means factory reset; going through the steps in this guide will wipe and erase all data on your phone’s internal storage.
Hard Reset TCL 20 XE
Follow the following steps to hard reset your phone if you’ve forgotten your lock screen PIN, pattern, or fingerprint.
- Power off your phone by holding the Power key for a few seconds. You’ll be given the option to power off.
- Once the phone is completely turned off, hold the Volume Up + Power keys together. Leave the power key when you see the TCL logo on the screen and keep holding the Volume Up.
- You’ll get to the Android Recovery screen.
- Use Volume Up/Down to select the factory reset option, and press the Power key to confirm the action.
- On the next screen, again select the Wipe data/factory reset option using volume keys and Power to complete the hard reset.
- Finally, you’ll return to the main recovery options, and from there, you can select the Reboot System option to restart your phone.
Now that it will take a while on the first boot after a hard reset, you can now go through the usual phone setup screen instructions to agree to the terms and conditions, copy data, and setup a new pattern lock. If, for some reason, your phone is locked with FRP, then follow the instructions to bypass FRP on TCL 20 XE running Android 11.
I hope you’ve successfully hard-reset your TCL XE 20 by following the instructions and video tutorial. If you still face any issues, feel free to ask in the comment section.