Enable Face Unlock on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [Guide]
Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro, two affordable Android mid-ranged smartphones that offered tremendous performance for their price tags.
The latest update from Xiaomi labeled MIUI 9 version 126.96.36.199 was issued and alongside stability improvements on the Redmi Note 5 Pro, it also introduced a new security feature called Face Unlock.
With Face Unlock you will be able to gain access to the home screen of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro without using the fingerprint reader, although unlocking the phone using the latter is also available.
In this guide, we will be detailing on how to enable Face Unlock on your Xiaomi handset, but to set it up, you will need to download and install an OTA update. You can do this by manually checking the phone.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System Updates
How to set up Face Unlock on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- Open Settingsfrom the app drawer or by accessing the home screen.
- Scroll down to the System & Device section.
- Tap on Lock screen & password.
- Select Add face data.
- Confirm your current password and tap on Next.
- Read the instructions on the screen first, then tap on Next.
- Position your face in the middle of the round shape that you see before you.
- You should be able to see a confirmation message after 5-10 seconds.
- Tap on Done to finish setting up Face Unlock.
Right now, the Face Unlock feature on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is going to be a ‘hit and miss’ relationship. It might fail to recognize you, so you might have to register your face data several times before the phone is able to recognize your face successfully.
In any case, it is a very handy feature to have on the Redmi Note 5 Pro and the fact that you’re getting this through a software update and on an affordable phone means that Xiaomi will be working to bring more of this on other devices in the future.