How do I install TWRP recovery onto my Galaxy S5 SM-G900H?
Custom Recovery TWRP v184.108.40.206 is now available for exynos variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H. You can learn more on how to install TWRP on your S5 by following the step-by-step instructions below.
TWRP recovery helps you to take full backup of your ROM, makes your S5 ready for root access, you can then flash Custom ROM and so many other endless possibilities.
Note: Installing recovery using Odin does not requires root access.
Before Getting Started Make sure you’ve:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H
- Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developers Options.
- Installed USB drivers on your PC or download now.
- Get Odin3, download Odin from here.
- Download TWRP recovery.
TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S5 SM-G900H
Follow these steps to install TWRP recovery after you’ve downloaded the essential files.
- Extract/Unzip the downloaded files [Odin and TWRP recovery zip].
- Make sure you’ve installed USB drivers and enabled USB debugging.
- Run Odin3-vX.X.exe and leave the default settings.
- Now turn off your phone and boot into download mode. Press and hold the Power+Home+Volume down buttons simultaneously till you see Android reboot on the screen. Hit Volume Up to continue.
- While in download mode connect your phone to PC.
- Hit the PA/PDA button and select the recovery.tar.md5 file.
- Click on the Start button.
- Finally wait for Odin and once recovery has successfully been flushed, your phone will automatically reboots.
Congratulations! You can now enjoy and use TWRP recovery on the Galaxy S5 SM-G900H. You can verify the installation process by rebooting your phone into custom recovery mode. Use the Power+Home+Volume Up keys combination to boot your phone into twrp recovery mode.
I hope you’ve found this post useful, do let us know what you think in the comment section.Source