Download and Install TWRP for LG G5 H850
Follow the step-by-step guide to install the latest version of TWRP custom recovery on your LG G5.
Teamwin has recently announced the release of TWRP for the H850 model of the LG G5. If you’ve already unlocked the bootloader you can go ahead to download install TWRP on your phone. TWRP has a number of features and functions as compare to stock recovery such as you can back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
- Make sure you’ve already unlocked the bootloader, if not follow the official guide over here.
- Download TWRP img for LG G5.
- You need to setup Fastboot and ADB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you’ve installed LG USB drivers.
- Enable developers options from Settings to turn on USB debugging.
- Last but not the least, carefully read and follow the instructions to safely done with the installation process.
Install TWRP on LG G5 H850
Here is how to install TWRP custom recovery on the LG G5.
Step 1: Connect your phone to PC. Now at this stage I assume that you’ve already setup the fastboot and installed USB drivers.
Step 2: Run adb command prompt and enter the command to boot your phone into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 3: Now enter this command to flash twrp recovery:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-h850.img
Step 4: Once done, you need to boot your phone into recovery mode. Here is how to boot LG G5 into recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Vol down+Power button at the same time.
- Now as soon as the LG logo appears on the screen, release the power button and instantly press it again while still pressing the vol down.
- When you see the Factory Reset screen. Click through the factory reset screens, clicking Yes.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on the LG G5. What’s next? Well you can now easily root your phone by flashing SuperSU.zip.
Did you find it helpful? Do let us know in the comment section so that we can improve and provide the best tutorials and guides.[Via – Xda]