Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Chainfire XDA developer has finally released the updated auto root kernel file for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. You can now easily root Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using the steps below.
Rooting your phone using CF-auto root will trip Samsung Knox and thus voids device warranty but having root access provides many privileges that a user might not have access while running on stock.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Latest version of Odin3 – Download Odin3
- Install Samsung USB drivers – Download
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can do yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
If you’re having another model or variant of the Galaxy S6, you can use our detailed Galaxy S6 root guide.
How to Root Galaxy S6 SM-G920F:
Here is how to root Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your device and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in Odin mode connect your device to your PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the smtxx_cf_autoroot.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the cf-auto root kernel file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! Message and your device will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 5.1.1. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM and Recovery of your choice.