How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1 (Metro PCS)
Hey what’s up? Pro Geeks here with another step-by-step Android root guide for Metro PCS variant of the Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Chainfire XDA developer has finally released the updated auto root kernel file for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1.
Rooting your phone using CF-auto root will trip Samsung Knox and thus voids device warranty but having root access provides many privileges that a user might not have access while running on stock.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1
- Before moving further backup all of your important data.
- Download latest version of Odin3 to flash cf-auto root kernel.
- Download and install Samsung USB driver.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-zerofltemtr-zerofltemtr-smg920t1.zip root file based on the Android version installed on your device. You can do yours by going to Settings > About device > Software.
If you’re having another model or variant of the Galaxy S6, you can use our detailed Galaxy S6 root guide to root any model.
How to Root Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1:
Here is how to root Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Step 1: First of all, download and extract/unzip the required files mentioned above.
Step 2: Run Odin3 and leave the default settings.
Step 3: Turn off your device and reboot into download mode by holding and pressing the Volume down+Home+Power keys simultaneously till Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
Step 4: While in Odin mode connect your device to your PC.
Step 5: Hit the AP/PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-zerofltemtr-zerofltemtr-smg920t1.tar file.
Step 6: Click Start to flash the custom kernel file.
Step 7: When completed, Odin will give Pass! Message and your device will automatically reboot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted Metro PCS variant of the Galaxy S6 on Android 5.1.1. You’re now a few steps away to install any Custom ROM and Recovery of your choice.