Try 4 Ways to Disable Samsung Knox on Android
This detailed step-by-step tutorial will help you to permanently disable or uninstall Samsung Knox security app on your Galaxy device.
Samsung KNOX security is an Android-based solution particularity developed to improve the security of open source Android platform which is completely compatible with the Google Android ecosystem. When Android 4.3 Jellybean was released, Samsung added Knox app is an security feature. Since then it has improved a lot and has a number of new features added. You can learn more about Samsung Knox at Samsung’s official website.
Definitely, it is complete mobile enterprise security suite for your business and personal life but we as normal Samsung users don’t need it, at least I don’t for many reasons. I know why you’re looking to uninstall the Knox app because it has made your life more difficult when it comes to getting root access to your phone, modifying and customizing your Android OS. Most Samsung rooting methods such as ChainfireXda CF-auto root trips Knox counter now If you’ve rooted your Samsung device using one of these Android root methods running on Android Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop or Marshmallow you might be getting this error:
SuperSU tried to access system in your device without authorization. This action was blocked
You can easily fix this error by disabling or uninstalling the KNOX app on your Samsung Smartphone. There almost 3 different methods, using which you can do this, I will show all methods that you can use to uninstall KNOX, and then follow the one you think is easy, suitable and compatible for you.
Uninstall Samsung KNOX
Following are methods you can try to get rid of the Knox app on your Samsung Galaxy device. These method applies to all Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet including Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 5, Note 4 and Note 3 despite having any version of Android.
1. Stock Samsung Android ROM
- Head over to your App section and find the Knox app, launch it and tap on “Settings”
- Select “Knox Settings” tab.
- Tap on “Uninstall Knox”.
- When uninstalling Knox, you are asked if you want to back up your Knox data, which is then saved during the uninstall process in your device’s Knox folder. To backup this data, select “Backup Now”, and then OK.
- That’s how easy it is.
2. Uninstall Knox on Rooted Samsung Galaxy
If you’ve already rooted your device you can easily get rid of Knox using an Android app called Titanium Backup but you can also use Explorer for the same purpose. Follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play app and install ‘Titanium Backup‘
- Launch app you’ve just installed.
- Tap the search button and write ‘Knox’ and you’ll get the list of all the files named as knox.
- Using the Titanium backup app freeze the following:
- KLMS Agent
- Knox Notification Manager
- KNOX Store
- Select all the files and Remove them.
- After making the desired changes you can reboot your device.
3. Disable KNOX Using Android Terminal Emulator
Step 1: Install ‘Android Terminal Emulator‘ from Google Play Store.
Step 2: Launch the application and it may prompt you for SuperSU access, just grant it the permission.
Step 3: Enter the commands in terminal editor to permanently disable the Knox app running in the background:
su pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
Finally this can help to prevent and block access to Knox app running on your phone or tablet.
4. Try Knox Remover
If the the above methods don’t work or you still aren’t satisfied, the XDA Developers users has also provided a file that can help you delete Knox via recovery:
- Perform a backup of all the data stored on your device.
- Download and flash KNOX removerV2.1.zip file provided by XDA Developers.
- Delete all files labeled Knox.
- Restart your phone.
That’s it guys, I hope above method has helped you to safely get rid of Samsung Knox. Don’t forget to let us know and share your experience in the comment section below if any of these methods has helped you.