How to Use Odin 2019
Odin is a firmware flashing tool for all Samsung Galaxy devices including the Galaxy Note 5, Note 4, Note 3, S7 Edge Plus, S6, S5, S4 and Tab S series. As a matter of fact, Samsung release the official updates over the air (OTA) however there are certain cases where a Galaxy user is forced to use this tool to manually flash the stock firmware update. Like if you have boot loop issues or firmware upgrade encountered an issue error or want to downgrade firmware then definitely you need to use this flashing tool.
Samsung firmware’s are available online for most devices and users can easily download it for specific models, and you can use Odin to flash them onto your device.
Before you start using the Samsung flash tool you’ll need the following:
- Samsung Galaxy device.
- Samsung stock firmware. You download it from Sammobile firmware directory.
- Download Odin
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Go to Settings > Developers options and enable USB Debugging.
- Backup your existing data stored on the device.
How to use Odin:
This step-by-step guide will help to quickly master the art of flashing stock firmware using Odin.
- Step 1: First and foremost extract/unzip the firmware files as you can in the screenshot below.
- Step 2: Run Odin tool as Administrator on your PC.
- Step 3: Reboot your device into download mode. To do it, hold down the Volume down+Home+Power simultaneously for about 6 sec until Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
- Step 4: While in odin mode, connect your device to PC via the USB port. Make sure that your device is connected to Odin by looking at the ID:COM section.
- Step 5: Click on the PA/PDA (Older versions of odin have PDA instead of PA) button and select the firmware file tar.md5.
- Step 6: Wait for Samsung tool to analyze the file.
- Step 7: From here on, hit the Start button to start flashing the firmware using Odin.
- Step 8: Actually Odin usually takes around 5 minutes to complete the process.
Odin will show you the green labeled message PASS! And your phone will automatically reboot.
Odin Video Tutorial:
Here is the video tutorial exactly showing how to flash a firmware tar.md5 file via Odin onto your device.
Congratulations! Your device is successfully restored to stock factory settings, recovered or unbricked. Furthermore, when writing this guide, I made sure to explain each step in detail to make it simpler with the help of screenshots and video tutorial so that beginners can follow and understand each step. It is the only working method that you can to unbrick Samsung phone.
Accordingly, I am pretty sure if you follow the exact steps then you can easily recover your bricked phone. Did you find it helpful? Do let me know and share your experience in the comment section below.