Update Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 to Android Marshmallow
Hey, What’s up? Pro Geeks here with another step-by-step guide on how to update Verizon Galaxy S4 code name as jfltevzw to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM13 Custom ROM.
Whenever a new Android version is released, every Samsung Galaxy user loves to get it, but we all know Samsung is slow when it comes to Android updates, but only latest flagship devices get its and that is after a long time! At this stage, I am not exactly sure, If Samsung is going to release an official Android Marshmallow OTA update for the Verizon Galaxy S4. Only time can tell.
Even if they don’t, You don’t have to worry as you can still install Android 6.0.1 update on your phone without having to wait further. We all should thank the CyanogenMod team and contributors, who are still working on development, particularly for your device.
Please note that these ROMs are nightly, and all features may not function properly, but they are updated continuously to make it stable but still you can taste and experience some of the best features from the latest version of Android OS.
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545.
- Make sure you have already install TWRP recovery.
- Just to be on safe side, make Nandroid backup of your existing ROM.
- Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled. You can find it Settings > Developers Options.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
- Download the latest nightly CM 13 Android 6.0.1 ROM.
- Download Gapps for Android Marshmallow
Update Verizon Galaxy S4 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Step 1: First of, connect your phone to PC and copy the CM13 and Gapps zip packages.
Step 2: Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Power off your phone and hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds until the recovery options appears on the screen.
Step 3: It is highly recommended that before making any changes you should take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
- Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 4: Clear the system cache and factory reset it in order to prepare your phone for new installations.
- Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 5: Finally your phone is ready for update.
- Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Custom ROM zip package.
Step 6: When CyanogenMod 13 ROM is successfully installed, then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
Finally reboot your phone. Please note that 1st time boot may take sometime and that’s Ok.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android Marshmallow. Experience Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy S4 and don’t forget to share with us in the comment section below.